Future Anything is growing. In 2022-2023, we’re working with thousands of students and teachers in schools across Australia to bend the future, one youth-led idea at a time.
We are currently recruiting for:
Program Director (Activate)
- Location: SE QLD (Ideally Brisbane) – Role is anticipated to be 50% home-based + 50% in Brisbane with occasional interstate travel
- Hours: 0.8 FTE
- Salary: c. $100,000 – $120,000 p/a including Super (pro-rata)
- Status: 12 months fixed term (with strong likelihood of extension)
- Reports to: Founder & CEO
- Applications close: 12 noon AEST, Friday 8 July 2022
- Preferred start date: September/October 2022. We can be flexible on a start date for the right applicant.
- Download Position Description & Key Selection Criteria here (PDF).
About Future Anything
Future Anything transforms young people’s passion and creativity into innovative ideas that make their world a better place. Our mission is to create enterprising students, empowered educators, and future-ready schools. What do we mean by ‘enterprising’?
enterprising: marked by an independent energetic spirit and by readiness to act
We do this through:
- In-curriculum Entrepreneurship: Activate is our flagship program that builds enterprising mindsets in every classroom, empowering young people to ideate, prototype and pitch innovative, scalable and sustainable solutions to the problems they care about. In 2022, there are 4500+ students and 180+ teachers in 45 Activate schools.
- Teacher Professional Development: We design and deliver engaging educator PD; unpacking the ‘what’ and, more importantly, the ‘how’ of an innovative and future-focussed approach to teaching and learning. In 2022, our PD will reach over 600 primary and high school teachers.
- Student Workshops: Over one, two or five days, our workshops are fast paced days of listening, learning and doing that ignite students’ enterprising mindsets. In 2022, we’re delivering workshops to over 2500 young people in primary and high schools across Australia.
- Partnerships: We partner with innovation bodies, education organisations, governments and others to spark innovative projects that drive entrepreneurial change in schools, communities and regions.
About the Role:
The Program Director (Activate) will lead the development, delivery and growth of Activate, Future Anything’s flagship in-curriculum enterprise thinking program.
- Program Leadership & Growth (20%) – working with the CEO/Founder, you’ll look to the future to develop the vision and strategic direction of Activate, identifying and implementing sustainable growth opportunities. As Activate scales, as Program Director, you’ll use your leadership skills to build and lead a team of program managers across Australia and internationally.
- Curriculum & Program Design (30%): Using your extensive teaching experience, knowledge of inquiry- and Project Based-Learning pedagogies and expertise in curriculum design, you’ll shape Activate (and potentially other Future Anything programs) to maximise its impact and relevance for teachers, students and schools . This will include designing innovative and future-focussed curriculum, resources and support materials and contextuliasing content for Activate schools.
- Program & Relationship Management (40%): You’ll be the friendly and credible point of contact for current and potential Activate schools. Using your knowledge of schools and your expertise in best practice pedagogy, you’ll build effective relationships that increase teacher capacity, enhance the student experience and drive the retention and acquisition of Activate schools. This will include frequent contact with teachers at all levels (in-person and virtually) before, during and after delivery of Activate.
- Organisational Contribution (10%): While leading Activate will be your primary focus, you’ll also be part of the Future Anything leadership team, working alongside the CEO/Founder and colleagues to develop the broader strategic direction of the organisation. You’ll contribute to other Future Anything activities that support the smooth running and ongoing growth of the organisation and that align with your own professional interests/aspirations.
- With a minimum of 5 years teaching and leadership experience, you’re a passionate high school educator and inspiring leader.
- You have a proven track record of leading teaching teams across multiple school contexts, understanding that no two schools (or students) are the same.
- You have a deep understanding of the Australian Curriculum, and may also have some experience in international school contexts. You have a passion for design thinking, as well as entrepreneurial and Project-Based Learning pedagogies. For you, curriculum is about creating authentic and engaging experiences that link learning to life for students and teachers.
- You’re agile and adaptive and love having a rich and diverse portfolio of work. You are energised by the thought of each workday being different and thrive in a fast-paced environment where you can take the initiative.
- You’re curious and creative. You love to challenge the status quo with creative and well-considered solutions.
- You love education and you’re looking for a meaningful and impactful way to make a difference for teachers and students.
How to Apply
Applications should be emailed to [email protected]. All applications must be received by 12 noon AEST on Friday 8 July 2022
To be considered, your application must include:
- Cover letter (max 1 page) plus CV including details of two work-related referees
- Evidence of your ability to match the four Essential Key Selection Criteria as listed in the Position Description PDF (max. 250 words per criterion). Tell us a story. We’re looking for practical examples of where you have demonstrated each capacity listed. We value clear and concise responses, so don’t feel like you need to write to the maximum word limit if you don’t need to.
- A short video (no more than 2 minutes) telling us about one of the best learning experiences you’ve ever delivered and why you’d be great for the role of Program Director (Activate) . Filming on your phone or laptop is fine – we are looking for content, not polish.
IMPORTANT: Your Cover Letter, CV and responses to the Essential Key Selection Criteria should be saved together as one single PDF clearly marked with your name.
Future Anything is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, parental status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We support flexible working arrangements and making adjustments where needed. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by getting in touch at [email protected]