Youth are our future. In order to tackle some of the complex social, environmental, and cultural problems that exist in our world, young people need access to skill-building, support, and a sense of community.
Queensland Social Enterprise Council (QSEC) is reactivating a youth-led initiative, called Impact Youth Reimagined, that aims to serve a number of key purposes:
- Activation of youth voice, and young people throughout QLD to engage with and within purpose-led organisations
- Amplification of youth voice, and existing groups of young people and organisations working in the purpose-led and youth space.
- Unification of organisations, spaces and individuals working to engage and support young people.
- Opportunity for young people to access the support and skills to launch or scale their own purpose-led organisations.
A four-day workshop series (details below) has been designed by Impact Boom and Future Anything alongside youth and key sector stakeholders that places young people (12-24) at the forefront of the co-design process and culminates in a showcase event when teams of young people will pitch their own innovative prototypes for:
- A Brisbane youth social enterprise ‘hub’ as the pilot for a scalable model that can be rolled out throughout Queensland.
- An annual youth ‘event’ as a driver to serve the key purposes listed above and also increase membership to the youth hubs.
We’re looking for applications from interested and passionate young people aged 12-24 that have the capacity and availability to attend each of the four days of face-to-face Impact Youth Reimagined workshops. Forty students of diverse backgrounds will be shortlisted to take part in the workshop series.
This is a great opportunity to be one of the founding members of a new youth-led association designed to unleash the impact and innovation of young people in Queensland, and a platform for participants to build key networks and be involved in making a change for young people locally and globally.
Applications for Impact Youth Reimagined are now closed.