- Lesson Activity
- Adaptive Mindset
- Creativity & Innovation
- Lower Secondary (Year 7-9)
- Senior Secondary (Year 10-12)
- 45+ minutes
- Access to gym/sports equipment e.g. weights/dumbbells, skipping ropes, medicine ball (optional).
This lesson activity challenges students to design their own Workout of the Day (WOD).
Many Australian gym communities will pay tribute to fallen ANZAC soldiers by running a workout in their honour. For example:
The “Akker” – 10 rounds of…
– 22 Push Ups
– 22m Walking Lunges
– 22 Air Squats
– 22m Bear Crawl
– 200m Run
These workouts are designed to test a person’s physical AND mental strength. Check out WODWell here for more examples of Australian Hero Games ‘Workouts of the day” (WOD).
Flex students' physical and cerebral muscles by having them design their own WOD (Workout of the Day):
- Have your students take part in a scaled version of one of these workouts – this will challenge their adaptive mindset.
- Have your students to design their own workout that pays tribute to a fallen ANZAC solider – this will challenge their creativity and innovation.
Here at Future Anything, we deliver staff professional development, student workshops and in-curriculum programs designed to support schools to deliver future-ready teaching and learning.
Get in touch and tell us a little more your school, and what you’re trying to achieve. We’ll work with you to find the best Future Anything enterprising thinking program to meet the needs of your educators and young people.