- Start a discussion about sustainability in business or recycling
- Year 8-10
- 10-15 Min
Show the video ‘Eco-friendly bicycles’ to the class
Before watching the video:
- Make a list of all of the different packaging that goes into your waste bin at home.
- Circle the ones you think could be useful for recycling or repurposing into something new.
After watching the video, tackle the following questions as a class, or in small groups.
- In this video, Julie Gallacher says that there is no reason a capsule should go to landfill. What do you think the reasons are that capsules might go to landfill?
- What are three ways you could improve recycling at your school?
- Ideate 3-5 examples useful things that could be made out of the waste items you circled in question 2.
Here at Future Anything, we deliver staff professional development, student workshops and in-curriculum programs designed to support schools to deliver future-ready teaching and learning.
Get in touch and tell us a little more your school, and what you’re trying to achieve. We’ll work with you to find the best program to meet the needs of the young people you’re working with.