- Lesson Activity
- Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking
- Lower Secondary (Year 7-9)
- Senior Secondary (Year 10-12)
- 20-30 minutes
- Internet enabled device for students
At Future Anything, we believe that the best entrepreneurs, innovators and change makers solve problems that are connected to their passions and lived experiences.
This lesson activity asks students to identify the problem that a business is solving, and explore why it matters.
Have students work individually or in pairs to complete the following activity.
1. Students are to explore the ‘Taboo’ website: https://tabooau.co
2. Have students identify the business’ mission statement.
3. Then, have students answer the following questions:
– What problem is this organisation solving?
– What are the consequences of this problem not being solved?
– How is Taboo solving this problem? (NOTE: Identify if it’s through a product, service or invention).
– Are there any other businesses solving this problem? If so, how?
4. Have students explore the ‘About Us’ section of the ‘Taboo’ website: https://tabooau.co/
– How are Isobel and Eloise (the founders of Taboo) connected to the problem that they’re solving?
5. CLASS DISCUSSION: Why is it important for entrepreneurs to be connected to the problem that they’re solving?
When you think of businesses who are doing good, what organisations come to mind?
Want to take this conversation further with like-minded educators?
Join our Enterprising Educators’ Network on Facebook. This is a collaborative space to share, explore, discuss and unpack all things enterprising thinking and future capabilities in education.
Here at Future Anything, we deliver staff professional development, student workshops and in-curriculum programs designed to support schools to deliver future-ready teaching and learning.
Get in touch and tell us a little more your school, and what you’re trying to achieve. We’ll work with you to find the best Future Anything enterprising thinking program to meet the needs of your educators and young people.