- Lesson Activity
- Problem Solving
- Creativity & Innovation
- Upper Primary (Year 4-6)
- Lower Secondary (Year 7-9)
- 20-30 minutes
- Projector (with sound)
- Post-It notes + pens
The Lego Vacuum
Use this classroom activity to explore a cool invention that solves a (very real) problem!
- Play the ‘I built a LEGO vacuum that sorts your bricks!’ video for your students here (6 mins, 29 secs)
- Pose following questions to discuss with the class:
– What frustration does this product solve for people?
– What software and technology did the inventor use to create this invention?
– What makes this inventor engaging to listen to?
- Have students write down one ‘frustration’ that they currently experience on a Post-It note (other than picking up and sorting through Lego) and wish that they could eliminate. Then, collect these Post-It notes and use them as ideation provocations in future lessons.
Here at Future Anything, we deliver staff professional development, student workshops and in-curriculum programs designed to support schools to deliver future-ready teaching and learning.
Get in touch and tell us a little more your school, and what you’re trying to achieve. We’ll work with you to find the best Future Anything enterprising thinking program to meet the needs of your educators and young people.