- Lower Secondary (Year 7-9)
- Senior Secondary (Year 10-12)
- 5-15 minutes
- Internet enabled device for students
The purpose of this activity is to have students see the power of a Ted Talk through Brene Brown’s story.
Brene Brown became well-known after her widely viewed Ted Talk in 2010.
Since then, she has written six number-one New York Times best sellers, hosted two podcasts and filmed a lecture for Netflix.
She’s a household name, credible researcher and the person you think of when you’re exploring concepts, such as shame and vulnerability.
- Have students search up Brene Brown on Instagram and ask them to see how many followers she has (approximately 3.9 million).
- Have students complete a quick 5-minute “fact hunt” on some milestones in Brene Brown’s life (thus far) and have them share some of their findings with an elbow buddy.
Here at Future Anything, we deliver staff professional development, student workshops and in-curriculum programs designed to support schools to deliver future-ready teaching and learning.
Get in touch and tell us a little more your school, and what you’re trying to achieve. We’ll work with you to find the best program to meet the needs of the young people you’re working with.