- Critical Thinking
- Lower Secondary (Year 7-9)
- Senior Secondary (Year 10-12)
- 5-15 minutes
- Internet enabled device for students
TV & Data Analysis
Use this classroom activity to help your students collect and analyse data.
- Have your students search their favourite TV show on TV Chart here.
- Once they have searched their favourite TV show, a graph will appear on their screen (if their show has multiple seasons, have them select one season using the drop-down box at the top of the screen).
- Have students move their cursor along the dots on the graph – each dot represents an episode in that season and reveals the rating of that particular episode.
- Have students extract the data from the graph into a table that records the rating of each episode.
- Then, have students calculate the average rating of that season by adding up the rating of each episode and dividing it by the total number of episodes in that season.
- Have students justify whether they believe that rating is fair or not.
- Have students repeat the process with another season of the TV show and get them to compare the two using the data.
- Collate each student’s average season rating and create a class list of the top ranking TV show to the lowest ranking TV show.
Here at Future Anything, we deliver staff professional development, student workshops and in-curriculum programs designed to support schools to deliver future-ready teaching and learning.
Get in touch and tell us a little more your school, and what you’re trying to achieve. We’ll work with you to find the best Future Anything enterprising thinking program to meet the needs of your educators and young people.