- Creativity & Innovation
- Upper Primary (Year 4-6)
- Lower Secondary (Year 7-9)
- 5-15 minutes
- Projector with sound
Show the short Vacayit video to your students.
One of the best ways to encourage young people to think like an entrepreneur is to feature other young entrepreneurs making a positive impact in society.
This 60 second video features Hailey Brown, founder of Vacayit.
Vacayit is creating the world’s leading audio-based tourism platform that gives blind users sensory experiences through storytelling, soundscapes, and history clips to make informed and independent decisions about where they want to travel.
After watching the video, tackle the following questions as a class, or in small groups.
- What is the problem that this idea is solving?
- What do organisations normally rely on to advertise their destinations?
- How is Vacayit’s solution different?
- What impact do you think this business has on the community (on both users and tourist destinations)?
- What are some ways that Vacayit can be monetised? How can they make an impact AND be sustainably profitable as a business?
- Ideate 2-3 other types of disabilities that could benefit from similar platforms in the tourism sector.
Here at Future Anything, we deliver staff professional development, student workshops and in-curriculum programs designed to support schools to deliver future-ready teaching and learning.
Get in touch and tell us a little more your school, and what you’re trying to achieve. We’ll work with you to find the best Future Anything enterprising thinking program to meet the needs of your educators and young people.