- Lesson Activity
- Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking
- Senior Secondary (Year 10-12)
- 35-40 minutes
- Projector (with sound)
- Internet enabled device for students
We are living in the attention economy!
This lesson activity explores the impact of the attention economy
1. As a class, watch the RSA video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?
2. Come up with a class definition of the term ‘Attention Economy’
3. Then, have students work individually or in pairs to explore The Daily Aus: https://www.thedailyaus.com.au
4. Have the students consider:
– What service is The Daily Aus providing?
– Who is The Daily Aus’ target audience?
– How is The Daily Aus navigating the challenge of the Attention Economy?
Want to take this conversation further with like-minded educators?
Join our Enterprising Educators’ Network on Facebook. This is a collaborative space to share, explore, discuss and unpack all things enterprising thinking and future capabilities in education.
Here at Future Anything, we deliver staff professional development, student workshops and in-curriculum programs designed to support schools to deliver future-ready teaching and learning.
Get in touch and tell us a little more your school, and what you’re trying to achieve. We’ll work with you to find the best Future Anything enterprising thinking program to meet the needs of your educators and young people.